As we approach the end of Fall term, GNSS realizes how this can be an especially difficult and stressful time for students. Graduate school is hard. It is important that we take care of ourselves, maintain balance, and speak to someone if we are distressed.
Here are some resources available to all students:
- Faculty of Nursing Embedded Wellness Counsellor – An on-site counsellor dedicated to nursing students – To schedule an appointment, call Health & Wellness at (416) 978 – 8030
- UofT Health & Wellness – Directory of programs and resources available to students
- Good2Talk Student Helpline – Free confidential helpline providing professional counselling, information, and referrals for mental health, addictions, and well-being
- My SSP for International Students – Culturally-competent mental health and counselling services in 146 languages for international student use
- What’s Up Walk-in – A clinic offering free walk-in mental health counseling services
- Crisis Resources – Resources available if you are in an emergency, in crisis, or need to talk to someone – such as 24/7 distress lines
- Sexual Assault / Domestic Violence Care Centre – Assists people of all genders over the age of 14, who are victims/survivors of sexual assault and domestic/intimate partner violence
Our first Lunch & Learn this year was on Health & Wellness for graduate student. Great information can be found in the presentation posted and available on Quercus.